A Message from Alberta Apparel:
As I write this, we have far exceeded 1.3 million known COVID-19 cases globally and the number is exponentially growing despite international measures to flatten the curve medically and socially. There are many factors that are out of our control and yours, but wearing a mask, according to experts locally and globally, does reduce your chances of contracting the virus, and spreading it if you have it. We have decided after much research and debate to manufacture face masks given the fairly recent COVID-19 pandemic.
- We have begun production of masks that are made in Alberta, Canada. This is important to us as we look to hold up our standards of ethical and local production.
We will be selling the masks at COST, so no profit will be passed onto the end consumer. No discount codes can, therefore, be applied.
- The individual mask cost includes shipping costs within Canada via Canada Post.
Your masks will be shipped 1-2 DAYS from the date your order was placed. For bulk inquiries please contact us via email at Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to help people access affordable, locally made face masks. We have a lofty goal of selling 1 million masks within Canada and globally. Please share this to help reach this goal.
It is important to understand that non-medical masks have limitations and need to be used safely. Although the science is not certain, Dr. Theresa Tam, the top doctor at the Public Health Agency of Canada, has said that Canadians can use non-medical masks in tandem with social distancing measures to limit the transmission of the deadly virus when out grocery shopping or at a pharmacy. Please stay up to date on local health regulations and listen to experts, not us, on what you can do. Some reliable news sources we go to are CTV News, Bloomberg News, CBC, and The Wall Street Journal. It is consistently mentioned in the news that masks should be worn in conjunction with pursuing other hygiene practices, such as frequent hand-washing as well as doing simple things like just staying home as much as possible.
At the time of writing this, we have over 18k known cases in Canada and over 400 deaths. Let’s stop this thing in its tracks. Do your part. For everyone’s safety, including your own, please try to wear a mask when out and about. Encourage your loved ones, friends, and co-workers to wear one. We are in this together for months to come!
Yours truly from the Alberta Apparel office,
Founder and President
April 8, 2020
- Made in Alberta.
- These masks measure 7.5" wide x 4.5" deep in the middle and feature two sets of strings for max security on the head.
After receiving some helpful feedback from customers, our masks are now made with two separate layers of fabric and include an opening where wearers can insert a filter if desired.
Base (Face) Layer: 100% Cotton
- Outer Layer: ChitoSante Mesh - 100% Polyester
- Chitosante is a polyester fabric made with chitosan, biomass from crab or shrimp shells, combined with textile fibers. It is antibacterial, odor resisting, moisture-wicking, breathable, fast-drying, anti-static, pill-resistant and has UPF 50. Along with these great benefits, ChitoSante has natural and durable anti-bacterial properties. ChitoSante is the only anti-bacterial bio-agent in the world that is certified by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- Wire: A copper wire is sewn in from edge to edge along the top seam. It is mouldable to ensure a tight fit around the nose.
- Wash all products in your washing machine on the hottest setting possible. Wash between every use. Air dry, do not put in the dryer.
- These masks are not medically certified and are not intended to be worn by medical workers dealing with sick patients. No mask that is not certified and properly fit can completely protect you from 100% of germs and viruses. Our masks are made with layers of cloth to contain germs and offer a level of protection to the wearer from the outside environment. This will help to decrease the spread of viruses, but not completely. Wearing our masks for protection will allow healthcare workers and people who have been diagnosed with an illness get access to the medically certified products that are in shortage. Please read more about wearing masks and what level of protection they offer.
- Wash all products in your washing machine on the hottest setting possible. Wash between every use. Do not share facemasks.
- Due to hygiene and safety precautions, this product is non-refundable.